New Amazon Web Services feature: boot from EBS

Awesome - in the past I have had to write my own code/scripts to manage attaching and EBS file volume to a new EC2 instance. This new feature will make it a lot easier to manage your own EC2 based services. If you would prefer a PDF with the complete documentation, then use this link.

This new feature will make using EC2 even easier for some applications - a welcome change.

That said, I have my own scheme for automatically mounting EBS volumes, assigning ElasticIP addresses, etc. and for some deployments I will continue to use temporary boot volumes and pull AMIs from S3.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller