I converted RubyPlanet.net to Ruby + Merb

As I mentioned in my last post, I am making the rewrite of my Java-based RubyPlanet.net web site in Ruby and Merb the subject of a DevX article. I just pushed the code to my server that I use for Ruby and Common Lisp web deployments. By default the site shows recent Ruby news but the more interesting way to use it is to filter the results (for example just show web blog entries containing "JRuby", etc.)

An interesting thing was that both the Java + JSP (which I did about 3 years ago) and the Ruby + Merb versions took about the same amount of time to implement and deploy (about 3 to 4 hours).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives