Interesting article on graph/lattice theory leads me to a good looking library

After reading Mark Chu-Carroll's extremely interesting article on using lattices for representing information, I started a hunt for good graph representation and analysis libraries. I looked for Lisp, Ruby, and Java libraries, and found a great looking library written in Ruby (gratr). One caveat: I spent 30 minutes enjoying reading through the library source code, but otherwise I have just experimented with the tests and examples. Thanks to Shawn Patrick Garbett, Luke Kanies and Horst Duchene.

I often find interesting/useful software this way: I get excited reading a good technical paper or blog, and then go and look for relevant software tools.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives