Great combination: nginx, Mongrel, and Rails for secure HTTPS

I had to set up a customer's Rails application to run using SSL+HTTPS this morning. Based on a few positive web blog articles I decided to try Igor Sysoev's nginx web server. If you first build and install OpenSSL and the Perl regular expression library, then build nginx with
--with-http_ssl_module
--with-openssl=/OPENSSL_SOURCE_DIR
--with-pcre=/PCRE_SOURCE_DIR
you should be all set to use HTTPS. Clustering mongrel is also simple; I used this nginx.conf file from Brainspl.at as an example and I was set up and running very quickly. Good stuff!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller