Internet Video

ABC has done a good job presenting their TV shows at ABC.com - I don't like their shows, but they do a good job of presenting them with few commercials. On the other hand, Comedy Central has lots of material that I like but their web portal lacks the usability and polish of ABC's portal (but I use it anyway). The screenshots on Joost.com look great but I am still waiting for a membership invite.

I don't blame content owners one bit for protesting if their material appears on YouTube or other user oriented video sites if they are not compensated. Although user driven sites like YouTube and Google Video (where I post my personal videos) are fun and popular, I suspect that video portals that are partnered with quality content providers will gain market share. BTW, it is probably time to roll out 100% IPv6 to support video multicasting (and confounding port scanners as an extra bonus!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives