So, how are they making money on this?

I just spent some time uploading more travel pictures to my Flickr collection and uploaded to Google Video several short videos clips that I took in Africa and India several years ago:
Samburu dancers, Kenya Africa
Samburu school children singing, Kenya Africa
Elephants, Kenya Africa (30 seconds before a male elephant charged us)
Crocodiles being fed chickens, Samburu Lodge bar, Kenya Africa
Dancers in Kochin India

While I appreciate the free services, where is the profit? I do understand the value in collecting information on people, but I wonder if some web services like Google Video and Flickr will always be loss-leaders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives