The Lisp community needs to do this more often

One of my gripes with Lisp is that there is not an easy to use package installation utility like, for example, Ruby gems. Common Lisp does have ASDF, but I get a lot of "misses" trying to install and experiment with Lisp programs using ASDF.

The continuation based UnCommon Web project looks interesting, but has been a pain to install all of the dependencies until now. Marco Baringer has packaged UCW and all of its dependencies in a single tar file so for me the install was very quick, and I could experiment with UCW painlessly. Thanks Marco!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives