Interesting: Bill Gate's work flow; knowledge management

I enjoyed this article by Gates on cnn on his personal work flow. The best part was on SharePoint. A few years ago one of my customers hired me to write a SharePoint clone that was tailored for their work flow - I used Java (JSPs, custom tag libraries, and Prevayler for persistence) in a fairly agile way but I would like to redo that project, with lessons learned, using Rails, and use AI text mining technologies to help automatically organize information (or suggest organizing hints).

Knowledge management is something that I am keenly interested in because it ties together lots of technologies that I am interested in: ontologies, knowledge representation, data constraints, server side technologies, and natural language processing with text mining, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives