Wonderful mix of functional and logic programming

I received the book The Reasoned Schemer last week. The authors use the same socratic teaching style (ask questions of the reader) that they used in the Little Schemer to introduce the implementation of logic programming using a functional programming style. I can just feel my brain twisting a little from new ways of thinking about old problems.

I mostly use object oriented programming (Java, Ruby, Smalltalk, and Common Lisp's CLOS) so it is healthy to switch to a functional programming style if only for research and learning projects. Anyway, this is an awesome book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives