Microchunks: short online media clips

Erik Schonfeld, writing in this month's Business 2.0, has a good take on both the commercialization and free distribution of short media clips using examples of Jon Stewart's CNN "hurting America" clip, etc. I have written before about my desire to see more "grass roots" media development since I am more than tired of what mainstream media offers up ('reality TV' - yuck!). Here are a few links that are worth checking out: Sundance Festival, iFilm, YouTube.com, and Google video.

I have been having lots of fun posting my pictures on Flickr and when I have time I have been thinking of "down editing" some of my video works to very short segments and decide on which public web portal to use.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives