'smartest man alive' gets it right.

I don't know how MIT professor Noam Chomsky got that nickname, but he really does have a way of cutting through bullshit and has a keen focus on reality:

Chomsky Interview

I especially like both how he blasts Democrats and Republicans, and how he is still hopeful for our democratic process. I have personally never wanted to 'throw my vote away' for voting for a third party candidate, but I am re-thinking that.

Too many people I talk to seem to think that there is nothing that can be done about the current situation where a corporate owned news media convinces most people to vote against their own best interests. I am just a bit more optimistic, and I dream of a world where we use more of our intellect and a little less of our emotions. By the way, I think that there is a good reason why the quality of our school systems has gone done hill in my lifetime: people who can not think critically are easier to fool and control. More profits for the corporations(*). Why would any "average" person think for one minute that George Bush, Dick Cheney, and the powerful corporate interests behind them care about "average" people like themselves. They don't, of course, but a lot of people are certainly fooled.

(*) I very much believe in business and world wide free trade, etc. But, it is required that corporations obey laws and we definitely need governments to keep corporate power in check while supporting free and open market places. Honest competition is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives