Microsoft's Live.com

Since I used Microsoft's new beta portal on my Linux laptop running FireFox, I may not have had the "full experience" :-) That said, live.com looks well done: the client side Javascript is slick and the interface is simple and clean.

I was not so happy with the requirement to login with Passport (otherwise, all your customizations go away when your session ends). Anyway, I think that competition between Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft in the web application area is great. Because I mostly use Linux I use Google's and Yahoo's web applications but Microsoft has announced that they will support other platforms - I am at least trying to keep an open mind about using live.com in the future, depending on what useful functionality that they provide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives