The "Mom software modification"

My Dad (interesting guy: in his mid 80's and still a member of the US National Academy of Sciences) called with the bad news: my Mom did not like the way food ingredients were showing up on the KBrecipes.com knowledge-intensive recipe web portal that my wife and I are working on.

Apparently my Mom did *not* like seeing "0.5 cups" instead of "1/2 cup".

Fortunately, I did not have to change anything in the model or controller layers - just one small bit of code in my presentation layer had to be changed.

BTW, for people interested in artificial intelligence: check out the "AI agent" page at KBrecipes.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives