Matt Raible's AppFuse - good stuff

After getting turned on to Prevayler last year, I have kept looking for ways to simplify web app development. I have largely stopped using struts unless customers specifically want it (after a few years of using it - still use it for of my own web sites that have not changed in a while). Similarly, I have done little EJB development in the last two years.

I have been using Spring and SpringMVC recently, and I generally like it. I like SpringMVC and JSF better than struts, and I somewhat arbitrarily decided to use SpringMVC (since I don't use Java Studio Creator). I noticed that Matt Raible had an AppFuse (his 'fast start' web application kit) specific for Spring and SpringMVC. The way he lays out the structure of a web project is nothing short of elegant. Cool stuff!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller