Tomcat v.5.5.7 for JDK 1.5. Also: JDK 1.5 vs GNU Java

Wow, first of all, a small (5 MB) download! Taking advantage of more JDK 1.5 libraries. At least on (Unbuntu) Linux, I switched over to using JDK 1.5, so using the new stable version of Tomcat makes sense.

I feel a little like I am being pulled in two directions: I enjoy the new JDK 1.5 language features and performance boosts. On the other hand, I have a long term goal of releasing some of my commercial Java products as Free Software (GPL) and for those, I want to provide both ant build.xml files to build for Sun's JDK 1.5 and unix make files to build using the GNU gcj native Java compiler - so, I need to be just a little careful using new language feature for Free Software releases.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives