My flat screen monitor: the parrot perch

In that last few months, our young parrot Brady (officially my wife's pet) has taken more and more to spending a large part of his day perched on top of my flat screen monitor. A word of warning: don't encourage me! I might start posting pictures of him :-)

Brady is a Meyer's Parrot, a small breed. Sometimes his tail feathers cover a very small area of my screen display, but I can always move windows around a little. Brady is a fairly small bird, but it is amazing how much apparent intelligence he has packed into that little brain! During cocktail time, we sometimes set up puzzles for him: situations in which it takes him a lot of time to analyze new situations to solve problems.

My dog, an Italian Greyhound (great breed!!!), spends much of his time sleeping under my desk, so my office has a zoo-like quality. My wife also works out of our home in her own office, but it seems like I tend to get the animals.

Anyway we have two great pets - it is especially important that both our parrot and dog are gentle with our grandchildren when they visit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives